That noise you hear is your waistline expanding! The reason most likely… Fast Food! Have you noticed there’s a fast food restaurant on almost every Louisville corner? It’s not just by accident, remember there is a reason YUM Brands is headquartered here.
Now according to a new survey commissioned by the website “The Daily Beast “ Louisville ranks second for the number of fast food restaurants based on a cities size. Independent data collector AggData totaled the number of fast-food locations of the nation’s 30 largest chains in nearly 500 cities. The “Beasts” final list was limited to cities with a population of at least 200,000, and was ranked based on total locations per 100,000 residents.
Number one on the list (not surprisingly) was Orlando Florida. But Louisville coming in 2nd is a real shocker. Hate the thought of eating at a fast food restaurant? Consider Springdale, Utah, which passed an ordinance banning chains from setting up within city limits,
Ray Kroc (the original fast food founder of McDonalds) would be amazed at how the industry has grown in recent years. In fact, a new report says there are 15,000 more chain restaurants now than there were five years ago. The equals a 5 percent increase. Who knows where the fast food industry will grow next?
Search Louisville Real Estate by Neighborhood
- Could Louisville Homes Sales be on the Increase? By Bob Sokoler, www.weselllouisville.com
- Louisville Real Estate home sales June 2010, By Bob Sokoler, www.weselllouisville.com
- Where are the Louisville Home Buyers?, By Bob Sokoler, www.WeSellLouisville.com
- Louisville Homes Sales tick up a notch! By Bob Sokoler, www.weselllouisville.com
- What’s new in Louisville Real Estate sales for 2011?