Save time, get more out of your computer with “Google Alerts”! Never heard of them? It’s simple and yes, Free! The alerts are a way for you to have Google actively and continually look for whatever interests you and bring the information back to you! The process is fairly straightforward and simple.
1) Go to https://www.google.com/accounts/
2) Create a g-mail account
3) Go to http://www.google.com/alerts
4) Now pick a hobby or work interest even your name and create a Google alert.
5) Just sit back and let Google bring you the world
From this point on Google will search around the clock trying to find any words written and published on the Internet that match your search and bring them to your e-mail in box. (You can also set up your Google e-mail account to forward all of these alerts to your normal e-mail in box).
Set up a search for your name or business or topic and you’ll get e-mail when there’s a match. For example I have a number of alerts for things that I follow like Louisville Real Estate and Louisville Homes. Anytime someone writes about those topics or include those words in a story or blog post I know about it thanks to Google alerts.
Try it, let me know how it works and if you have questions about it send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bob Sokoler is a former Anchor/Reporter turned Louisville Realtor 7 years ago in Louisville Kentucky. You can learn more about Bob, his Team and Louisville Real Estate at www.weselllouisville.com
Search Louisville Real Estate by Neighborhood
- What’s new in Louisville Real Estate sales for 2011?
- Louisville Real Estate home sales June 2010, By Bob Sokoler, www.weselllouisville.com
- From our did you know department!
- One of Louisville newest home owners! By Bob Sokoler, www.weselllouisville.com
- Love Wine? Learn to make it at home and save money.